It's been a long time since I've posted. I've been busy living, here at home on the farm all summer. And- trust me- that's a lot of busy. But it's also a lot of time for reflection, too. And, on top of that, I've got this thought hanging over me: one more year. That's right- I only have one more year of school before I'm graduated and it's time to make some Real, Big Kid Decisions.
I still don't have a good, clear plan of what I want to do, but I'm sure God will provide me with that plan. In the meantime, I'm just going to pray and think and do my best to figure out what I'm supposed to be doing with this "fire in my bones". I don't know what it will be, but this is where my heart stands right now. Here, in bowed down before the Throne of Grace, thankful for the uncountable blessings in my Everyday Life here at my parents' home.
And when I pray for direction, my bone-fire licks furiously toward orphans. I want to share my gifts, my life, with people who have nothing, with people who barely have a life, even. This is also where my heart is standing, beating, living.
No comments:
Post a Comment