Thursday

cooking and other random happy things

Today was a mostly-good day.  I got my housecleaning done with a little extra time, which is so nice for Thursdays.  Then, I went to school and sat at the window-table with Lizbelle and studied for a couple of hours.  The sun even shone on us!
After recitation (I only had one recitation today) Maria and I went to the Storm Cellar and looked at shoes and cardigans there, then to Goodwill.  I found both shoes and a cardigan, which made me really happy.  The shoes are black and flat, which is what I needed for the choir concert tomorrow night.  The sweater is a kind of purple/pink color and will match my striped dress.  That made me very happy, because so far I've had to borrow a sweater from Maria every time I wanted to wear the dress.  Maria also got a pair of shoes, at Ross.  Then we picked up some ice cream and hot fudge sauce and went to Claire's for dinner and dessert.  She had made a chicken sauce to put over rice.  It was amazing.  So we had dinner with Claire, Meg and Kathleen and that was great.  Then I came back here and got to chat with Jordan a little, and get my reading done for tomorrow.
And then, when that had all been finished, I went to the kitchen and pulled out a pan and a bowl.  Boiled some pasta, mixed up a parmesan sauce and mixed the two together to make a delicious parmesan pasta meal for my lunch tomorrow (and Bobbi's).  It was good to just get into the kitchen and cook what I wanted to cook, and not necessarily what others wanted me to cook.  I'm also excited about eating a hot lunch tomorrow.  :)
And, speaking of tomorrow- I have a choir concert tomorrow! It is titled "All Creatures of Our God and King" (I think).  At least- that is the theme.  We're singing African, French, Italian, Latin and English songs that are based on the idea of the creatures praising God.  Also- another first is that we'll be joined by the kids choir that Dr. Erb teaches.  They are so cute! They're singing the African song with us, which will be really fun, I'm sure.  We all had to memorize the song, so that will make it more fun, too.  It's always that way.
Also, Dad and Mom and the kids are coming down for the concert.  I hope that we can find something to do after the concert, so that they don't have to leave so soon after the concert.
But, because I have such a long day ahead of me tomorrow, I am going to bed.  Good night moon.

1 comment:

  1. I am commenting because you need more comments! :-P also because you are pretty swell to write so much on here lately and make up for my lack of blogging! :-)

    ReplyDelete