I love Palm Sunday and the story of Christ's triumphal entry into Jerusalem. This morning Pastor Wilson preached on Palm Sunday, but it was more about how God is two-handed. In other words- when God does things with His right hand, they are the things we expect Him to do. The obvious blessings in our lives. But when He does things with His left hand, they are the things that seem wrong to us. Like Christ entering Jerusalem on the back of a donkey's colt and with palm branches strewn across the ground in front of Him, only to be killed days later. Or when God directs the world in such a way that a tsunami brushes across the land and death is going hand-in-hand with it. God's left-handed actions are the ones that seem all backwards to us, but are within His plan and still come out good in the end. So, today we celebrate one of the most well-known left-handed days.
This coming week is Holy Week (well, technically it started today) and I've tried to decide what to do on my blog special for these next seven days. And my plan? Well, my plan is to post the lyrics to an Easter-related song every day or an Easter poem. That shouldn't be too hard to do. I hope. I am really good at forgetting about this blog, though, so hopefully the whole thing doesn't flop like a seven-year-old's belly the first time he tries to dive into the water.
Blessings on your week.
interesting idea. and STOP forgetting your blog ;-)
ReplyDelete