On Tuesday I went on a history field trip. Historypalooza 2011's Magical Mystery History trip, to be exact. Mr. Schlect led us through Nez Perce country and showed us petroglyphs, objects from Nez Perce legends, battle sites, museum artifacts and other Nez Perce-related objects. It was a *very* long day (we left town at 5:00 AM and got back at 9:40 PM) but it was so worth it. I loved it almost every step of the way.
I have a lot of pictures that I could put up, but I am tired and have just uploaded them to facebook, so anyone who wants to see them will have to wait until I have more time or go look them up on fb. But I will put up one shot- the group all lined up along the edge of Whitebird Canyon, looking down into the beautiful depths while listening to Mr. Schlect tell stories. Which description pretty much describes the whole day.
And now- toodle-oo and pip-pip.
No comments:
Post a Comment