Thursday

summer projects

My two weeks of summer have been full of projects.  We've been working on the garden, trying to get things planted before it's too late.  The sun hasn't been helping much, though, so we've only got some potatoes and onions planted.  We've also been piling and burning brush on our property, which looks a lot better now.
Today the rain was so heavy that we decided to work inside, and this is what I did.

I just bought a pink lamp that looks somewhat like this

that is pink, so that is why I chose pink for the pencil-holder.  I never used to be a pink person, but lately- well, lately pink is just awesome.
Another summer project I'm making is a coral-pink and brown quilt.  It is one that my grandma started before she died and that I've been trying to finish.  It will be a twin-sized quilt and the squares are very nearly done and then I'll sew them all together and put some borders on.  I am hoping to finish it before school starts, but I'm pretty sure that will be hard.   Or maybe impossible.  Anyway, if I get it finished, I will use it in Moscow on my bed, which I think would be pretty awesome.  I would also like to make some pillows to use with it, so I hope to have enough scraps leftover to make some matching pillows.

No comments:

Post a Comment